Tuesday 21 April 2020

I Choose to Use...Dies

I think I've mentioned before that the DT members on the challenge blogs pick our themes well in advance of the blogs going live.  Well I picked today's theme at Cardz4guyz so far in advance that it was a real surprise to me to find that I had picked it.  I apparently want you to use 'dies as a main feature' on your project.  I probably had something in mind when I came up with the idea but I really can't remember what it was.  Senior moment or what.

Anyway, after racking my brain for a bit I came up with two cards for this challenge.  Both of them very similar but also very different.

My first card uses a fabulous die set from Altenew called Shattered Triangles.  It was one of those must have purchases that just fell into my basket when I ordered some other stuff. I decided to go with a black and gold scheme for this card and I knew that I wanted to inlay some of the details.  I found a lovely scrap of shiny variegated black and gold paper but it was only 2 inch square so I only inlayed one triangle. As it happens, I really like it that way.


My second card uses the same layout but a totally different look.  I needed a card for my Brother-in-Law's birthday and, as he is a photographer, I had the perfect die.  I'm afraid I can't tell you who made this one as I have a feeling it was one of those cheap little sets that the Range do for a couple of quid.  I love it though and I'm really chuffed with this one as well.  I sponge various distress inks onto card and cut them out and mounted them on my blank.  Voila.


OK, your turn.  Please join in the fun or I won't have anything to chose a winner from.

Thanks for reading and please stay safe.

Love Dawn x

13 comments:

  1. two fabulous CAS cards, love your layout

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both fabulous Dawn, it just goes to show how different a design can look using the same layout but very different dies - super cards.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fantastic cards, great theme. Keep safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The camera is just so adorable, the different colors really make it pop! Your DT Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to say thank you for your sweet comment. x Hugs Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Aletenew card, fabulous masculine style. Not being a dies person, I loved this challenge, it made me think of doing something different. Thanks. Caz DT Cardz 4 Guyz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Dawn! I LOVE both of these versions! The triangle dies really look like an Art Deco border pattern and the row of multi-colored cameras is fantastic! You have given me some new ideas - so thanks! Take Care!
    Hugs - Rachelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two awesome cards and layout Dawn, I love the cute colorful cameras!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great design Dawn, you've shown how it could be used with many different or dies and how it's perfect for a slim line card.
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are wonderful!

    Hugs, Mary Ellen - Your fellow teammate @ C4G
    blog - https://www.creativetimewithme.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. 2 fantastic male cards, i do love my triangle dies. Stay safe. Emmax

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both your cards, seems that one would be for an older male and the other younger. I love the layout of the cards too.
    Cindy DT Teammate

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both fabulous cards for any males Dawn, love the camera die.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete