Wednesday 15 April 2020

Spring!

Morning all.  We have a new challenge for you today over at Sparkles Monthly.  For this one Cathy has chosen 'Spring is in the Air'.  My Mamma's birthday was always on the first day of spring but when I see daffodils poking their heads up I always think that's the first sign.  As this is the case it seemed appropriate to create something with a daffodil on.  That's twice in a week.  Mind you, this card is totally different to my Monday post. I've been taking the opportunity - during the unexpected isolation - to spring clean in my craft room.  It's amazing what stuff I've found from years ago.  Today's project uses an ancient decoupage sheet that a neighbour gave me way back when.  I can't remember the last time I used a decoupage sheet.


The papers where off cuts that I've also been sorting through.  If this lockdown lasts for long you could be seeing one or two more blasts from the past.  I quite enjoyed going back to basics.

OK, off you go.  Let's see you spring into spring with your creations.  

Thanks for reading and please stay safe.

Love Dawn x

8 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Dawn, lovely papers and pretty daffodils.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and well done on your cleaning. I have to start mine again. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Dawn, I love that daffodils and the beautiful shimmer!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Dawn. I so enjoyed your post (thank you for the big letter size!). How sweet you always remember your mom when spring arrives. I love daffodils. They don't grow here, so I am especially enamored when seeing them beautifully displayed on a gorgeous project like this. My mom's birthday was on 9/11. While I remember what happened then, I am always so grateful to have beautiful memories of my mother on that special date. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn this is such a wonderful creation with great attention to detail. Love the colours and embellishments. All the elements work so well together. Keep safe and healthy.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, the daffs are fab. Emmax

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. Stay safe and well. Hugs Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pastel colours Dawn, the daffodil really pops out of the frame.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete