Friday 19 June 2020

Flora fun

Morning all.  Last new challenge for this week.  Today we have 'F for Flora or Fauna' over at The Alphabet Challenge.  I could have gone either way with this or even used both on the same card but, with all the challenges this week, I was a bit rushed so I decided to keep it simple.  I recently changed my computer (don't you just love windows 10 - not) and when I first hooked up my Cricut I cut some simple outlines just to test it out.  One of them was a fantastic bold sunflower image.  I did a little orange ink blending on a panel and added the outline over the top.  I filled in the middle with a few orange gems and that was it.


I added the lot to a yellow card base and popped a few black gems in the corners for a bit of balance.  I'm really pleased with how it came together.  Not bad for a few stash bits.

Please pop over and see what the fabulous team have created.  We'd love you to join in the fun.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

8 comments:

  1. your sunflower makes a wonderful focal point in the gorgeous orange tones a beautiful card Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pretty card Dawn, a beautiful sunflower.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn! This is a wonderful CAS design! I love the graphic feel to the sunflower and your addition of the gems gives it just enough bling to make it shine! Beautiful!
    Hugs - Rachelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this gorgeous sunflower card, Dawn! The ink blending is just perfect. Have a great weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and flower Dawn, I love the added gems to the center, very beautiful!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, the gems are the perfect finishing touchx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooohh, Dawn, this is absolutely delightful! I adore sunflowers and yellow blooms in general. They're like sunshine on a stem in my books.

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete