Tuesday 30 June 2020

Red, White and Blue

Morning all.  Are you ready for a new challenge at Cardz4guyz?  We've gone a bit patriotic on you - well, at least if you live in England like I do - or America or any other country with Red, White and Blue on their flag.  We need to see your creations with those three colours please.  

I wasn't too sure where to go with this but I'm missing the seaside and thought these beautiful beach huts from The Lovely Studio would look beautiful in red, white and blue.  I had an idea about using a fabulous backing paper in dark blue with red anchors and white dots.  You know how it is when you've had loads of paper hanging around and then you find the perfect project for it...and find that you have one tiny piece left and it's the wrong orientation.  Grrr!  Quick rethink and here it is.


I like how it turned out and I had an extra beach hut coloured so I've stuck it on another card with the original paper.  It needs finishing off and, as yet, the inspiration hasn't hit me so it's in my pile of cards that need 'something'.

Anyway, over to you.  Let's see your creations in red, white and blue.  

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

PS, thanks for all the lovely comments about my dad.  And, just in case you thought he'd start acting his age on his birthday, here he is.


Well, what else would you do with the box once you've eaten the contents, lol xx


7 comments:

  1. brilliant card Dawn, love the pic of your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo of your Dad, looks like a great guy. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your take on the red/white/blue card- such a fun creation and a cute picture of your papa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these little beach huts. They're so cute in red/white/blue!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super card Dawn, fun beach huts and great colours.
    Your Dad must be quite a character, it looks like he enjoyed his birthday.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous design! Love the vertical placement of the red and blue dots.

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dawn! These little beach huts are fantastic and I really like everything about this card - the simple palette, the repetition of the images and the symmetry of your layout! This card really works for me! And the pic of your dad is the icing on top!
    Hugs - Rachelle : )

    ReplyDelete