Thursday 18 June 2020

Steampunk Pussy Cat

Good Morning All.  Told you the challenges are plentiful this week.  Today is a new challenge for Cardz4galz. Steampunk is not really my usual cup of tea but I did say it was a challenge.  As it turned out I really loved this and I'm so pleased with the result.

First of all I had to find a stamp.  I don't have any steampunk images so I was looking for a digi that I could love.  If I was going to do this I needed something I could see myself using more than once.  Found one!  Have a look at this awesome cat from Sheepski Designs.  Even if I didn't need a Steampunk image I would have considered buying him.  He's fabulous.  Anyway, despite being unconvinced that my colouring was up to the job, I took the plunge.  What do you think?


Once I'd coloured him I just needed some rich dark red paper for the background.  I distressed the edges and did the same for a panel with some steampunk images on and added a few gears and dots that I cut with my cricut.  

Ok, over to you.  Please join in the fun.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

8 comments:

  1. love your choice of papers and colours Dawn, that cat is a character and beautifully coloured

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love your choice of papers and you know I love that cat image! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! I'm not a Steampunk Gal either but you chose the perfect image! I really like the angled spaceship/gear paper, too! Awesome!
    Hugs - Rachelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this cat. He sure is handsome! I'm also NOT a fan of Windows 10 and have been playing with it since Christmas :(.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super card Dawn, such a fabulous image and great colouring.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome card Dawn, I love that image and the beautiful rich colors!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dawn, I'm sorry that I picked such a tough challenge, but it was worth it. This is just super! I really like the steampunk cat and your colouring is super. You cracked it. Deborah, x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is flat out awesome!

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete