Monday 22 June 2020

I may be addicted to stencils

Morning all.  We have a wonderful new challenge for you at Make My Monday today.  I am so pleased that we have 'Use a Stencil' as it gave me an opportunity to use a brand new stencil that I bought recently.  To be fair, I didn't really need any new stencils.  I have quite a few.  Several are still unused.  I did need to pop into the Range the other day and I had to just go and see if they had any new stencils.  They carry a range of really cheap stencils and you get five in a set.  I love them.  I love them so much that I bought three new sets! Shh, don't tell the hubby. One of the sets had 5 fabulous different designs with hearts on.  This one just had to be done.

I'd seen a video recently where someone had used distress oxide on craft card stock and I loved how well it looked.  I stencilled my design and added a stamp from an old magazine then popped on a few stars.  I know everyone thinks their dad is the best but I know my dad is!  This was given to him on yesterday for father's day.  It was also his 80th birthday - a landmark we weren't sure he'd get to as he had the Covid 19 virus in March this year.  I am so grateful and thank the Lord that he came through it.  He is the centre of our family and an amazing man.  He's also daft as a bat.







And this is my absolute favourite picture of my dad and my son.  Love em both to bits.


I've sort of wandered off topic a little bit.  Please forgive me and join in with your stencilled projects.  

Thanks for reading.  Love Dawn x



9 comments:

  1. Fantastic fun card - looks great on Kraft card, fabulous photos too. Emmax

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card for your dad Dawn,from your pics I would bet he is larger than life with a great personality

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card Dawn, a super stencil.
    Fabulous photographs, wishing your Dad a belated Happy 80th Birthday.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this card and I bet your dad is happy to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card Dawn, the DOI looks beautiful on kraft card! Fantastic photos, I bet your dad loved his card.
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Dawn! Bet your lovely father enjoyed it! Simply the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful card Dawn! I love these colors together and the photos are such a hoot! My Dad is also 80-years-old and a character, too! Take care!
    Rachelle : ) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this stencil on kraft. I don't think I have ever tried that. Your dad looks great for 80!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank the universe that he pulled through C-19. I'm tremendously sorry that it struck your dad and hope that it spares the rest of your family.

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete