Friday 5 June 2020

It's Panda-monium

Pandemonium = Wild disorder, which is my craft desk at the moment.  Who am I kidding, it's always like that!  Anyway, I digress.  Today we have a lovely new challenge for you at The Alphabet Challenge.  E is for 'earth bound animals' and I chose a panda - hence the blog title.  I've been trying to get rid of some of my stash bits and bobs and use up some of the digistamps I had previously printed.  I will admit that, even if I never buy another craft item again, I'm not sure it's possible.  For instance, the day before lock down I was at the V&A in London visiting the Kimono exhibition.  Whilst there I purchased some lovely oriental stickers and I'd used some of the strips of stickers to make a card that looked a little like a quilt.  Once I had trimmed it off I kept the trimmings.  I mean, who else really does that? I stencilled a pattern across the bottom of a DL card and used the trimmings as an edge.  I had a cute panda already printed from 2 Cute Ink so I coloured him up and cut off the food container and chopsticks.  This way I got him peeping over my border.  


After that I just needed to add a sentiment and some bling.  I really love how this turned out.  If you are interested in the quilted card here it is.


I must be daft keeping all these little bits but, in this case, I'm so glad I did.


Please pop over to join in the fun.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x


11 comments:

  1. two great cards Dawn, the panda is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super card Dawn, your Panda is so cute peeping over the border.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two lovely cards Dawn. Our panda looks like he’s on the deck of a ship! The dots being portholes! Or us that just me wishing I had a cruise to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two great cards, love the cute Panda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know who does that....the person leaving this comment! ; ) I’m so jealous (and happy) that you go to see that exhibit! These are two wonderful cards and your upcycling of that bit of kimono strip is brilliant! That added detail really ties the whole panda card together! Lovely!
    Hugs - Rachelle ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn, this card is so adorable! I love the sweet expression on the panda's face. Makes me smile!! Your bits were the perfect detail for this little guy and you are not alone. I save most all of my designer paper scraps (within reason). Hope you have a wonderful weekend, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous panda card and lovely scrapling card - i think most us crafters keep off cuts, although these days i try to use them straight away on a card for my charity box so i don't have lots hanging around in boxes. Emmax

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous, love the blues. super arty card work x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This cards is so beautiful, Dawn! The panda is so cute - I fell in love to it immediately!
    The quilted card is awesome - love the colors and pattern.
    Hugs from your new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are lovely! Good thing you kept the little bits. They worked wonderfully on the panda card.

    ~Cheryl~
    https://shestamps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two gorgeous cards Dawn, I love that sweet panda and the quilt card is so beautiful!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete