Thursday 4 June 2020

She shoots, She 'scores'!

Morning all.  We have a nice new challenge over at Cardz4galz this morning.  The lovely Debbie has chosen the theme of 'more that one score/fold'.  It was so nice to do something like this as I am not one to venture far from the simple square or rectangle. To be fair, I've still not wandered far from the simple square.  However, I have added a small step in front of it. This type of card is so easy to do and I do them when I want a little added impact.  You just need two square card blanks in the same size.  To one of the blanks you need to fold the front in half and score.  You then stick the back of the card blank to the front of the other card - making sure you have the step in the right place of course.  You wouldn't be the first to stick the panel on the wrong way round - or even find the original blank is upside down or back to front.  In my time I've made every mistake going.  Anyway, once your card blanks are made up you can then decorate it anyway you like.  I'm using up my scraps and old stash at the moment so you have some Art Deco backing paper and a very ancient topper from, I think, Kanban.


This is a really fun challenge to take you out of the normal shapes and sizes so please join in the fun.  I'm off to make another.  I still have one old topper left.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

10 comments:

  1. Delicious card, gorgeous. Emmax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how beautiful, Dawn! I love this fun fold, too! Also, Love how pretty the designer paper is, which is perfect for your cup of tea focal point! I can't wait to see your next one! Have a great rest of your week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card and fold Dawn, I love that topper!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card Dawn, a lovely topper and super Art Deco papers.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card!

    Cheryl
    https://shestamps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love fun fold cards and will have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this fun fold! I’m kind of like you and tend to use the same size/shape of card but I will need to try this stepped design! I always like your composition, symmetry and additions of the perfect amount of bling! All of these work together on this card! PS - LOVE the Art Deco background paper!!!
    Hugs - Rachelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful and elegant, Dawn! It's a perfect card for the score/folds challenge. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete