Thursday 2 July 2020

Wedded Bliss?

First of all today I need to say Happy 32nd Wedding Anniversary to the lovely Lynda and her husband.  As today is her anniversary she has chosen 'Wedding' as this week's theme over at Cardz4galz.  Although I wish Lynda and her husband all the congratulations she deserves I have to admit to a Love/Hate relationship with wedding cards.  I have just spent the entire afternoon struggling with a die cut wedding cake and a 'Happily Ever After' file on my cricut.  Neither of these made the cut and I eventually started the whole process from scratch and came up with something entirely different to what I had intended.  

In the end I stencilled a heart background (another one of my cheap purchases from the Range) in spun sugar and worn lipstick distress ink.  I cut a heart and frame from pink and silver and the words Mr and Mrs - also in silver.  I did try to layer the words for a little dimension (how the hell do you do this without making a total mess Jennifer Mcguire) but that went in the bin - which now needs emptying after today's antics.

Anyway, this is the final result.


I wish I had stencilled it in one colour as the middle doesn't look like I pressed on hard enough but it will have to do.  

I obviously need a little inspiration for this type of challenge so I am begging you to join in - on bended knees!

Thanks for reading

Love Dawn x

6 comments:

  1. Love your background Dawn the colours perfect for your heart shaped topper a beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card Dawn, lots of lovely hearts.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet, heartwarmingly lovely anniversary card.

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well - I'm so sorry you had one of "THOSE" crafting days! It makes you want to through the Cricut out the window, doesn't it? However, the end result is really beautiful and the CAS design is great with the pattern paper! And I agree with you about the JM reference...I have tried and failed at attempting many of her ideas! I guess we live to craft another day!
    Hugs - Rachelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and thanks for sharing your troubles! It's very reassuring to hear that others have days when it feels like its a struggle to come up with a card! xx

    ReplyDelete