Wednesday 15 July 2020

Arrrgh! Quick...a Card!

The problem with posting DT work for Sparkles Monthly Challenge is that it sneaks up on you.  With the fortnightly challenges I can think 'ok, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday' on one week and 'just Monday' on the other. I don't think 'oh, it's the 15th this week'.  I did think 'oh hell, I've forgotten again, I'd best rush home and do a card with half an hour to spare for the schedule deadline'.

Isn't it funny, with half an hour to come up with an idea and put it together you would think it would look like a rushed mess.  However, I am pleased with this in a way that I rarely am with my planned out cards.


The remit for this month's challenge is 'Red, White and Blue'.  I sat down at my desk and looked around at my dies and spotted my 'Moroccan' tile dies from Xcut.  I haven't used them in such a long time.  Perfect.  After that it was just a case of sticking the layers together and adding the greeting and the obligatory bling.  I'm so chuffed with it.  Even the scan doesn't look too dodgy for a change. Maybe this is where I've been going wrong.  Maybe I need to throw all my projects together at the last minute.  Then again, maybe not.

OK guys, you have a whole month to plan, execute and enter your projects.  And...Go!

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

9 comments:

  1. love your tiled card Dawn, the sentiment stands out beautifully against the blue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Sometimes not overthinking works best! Hope you’re keeping well and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card Dawn, beautiful Moroccan tiles, they look very effective in the red and blue.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a hoot! This card is beautiful : ) I do agree with you that the 15th often sneaks up on me as well! ; ) I really like the tile work design and this color combo looks totally fabulous! You could change the palette and it would look completely different!
    Hugs - Rachelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous take on the red, white & blue theme Dawn, I love this card and that fabulous Moroccan tile die!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, the background looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, works well. Emmax

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous design and colour palette. It catches the eye immediately and has both a fresh and wholly classic feel to it.

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fantastic card Dawn, it certainly doesn’t look like one made in a hurry! I really love that tile die Too.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete