Tuesday 14 July 2020

No Patterned Paper?!!!

Morning all.  We have a new challenge for you today over at Cardz4guyz.  And for this challenge we don't want to see any 'Patterned Paper'.  What?  No patterned paper?  But I have tonnes of the stuff. It doesn't matter that I've taken to stencilling or inking up my backgrounds.  The minute you say I can't use any that's all I can think about.  Argh!

I already had a stamp set on my desk as I was making a birthday card for my Father in Law. I decided that, as I had stamped out way more images than I eventually needed for that card, I would used up my spares for a little scene.  When I say scene I don't really mean scene.  I am useless at those types of card and other DT members can show you amazing examples of that kind of project.  My 'scene' is a lot simpler than that.



The images are from this wonderful set by Gerda Steiner.  I saw this set a while ago and really had to have it.  I think my little tableau speaks for itself.  My money, however, is on the mouse. I think he looks mischievous. The cat doesn't look very confident.

Anyway, it's your turn now.  Please pop over and play.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

5 comments:

  1. I think that mouse is full of fun and daring,a fabulous card

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super card Dawn, you have created a fun little scene.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn! This is such a great design! I love the CAS layout and it looks like something very interesting is about to happen! I like everything about this card!
    Hugs - Rachelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific job! While I do enjoy and use a lot of colour cardstock, it would take me a bit of planning to create a whole project that was devoid of any patterned papers. You've got me thinking now that I should challenge myself to do just that (I'm picturing using things like lace, fabric, run-ons, or stickers to do the job of patterned paper).

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card Dawn and the way the whole scene tells a story. That naughty little mouse looks as if he's enjoying teasing puss who doesn't look the brightest! The way you wrote about it made me chuckle too so now I'm your latest follower! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete