Tuesday 21 July 2020

Beautiful Baby Wipe Butterflies

So sorry I'm late with this post.  I should have posted yesterday but I had a vile sinus headache and couldn't face the computer screen.  Anyway, now I'm here, this week's challenge at Make my Monday is to use the Baby Wipe Technique. There is a link to a You Tube tutorial on the challenge post for anyone who has never seen the technique before.

I did think I was going to have to sit this one out as I don't have any re-inkers but I thought I would try before I gave in.  I found some of my most vibrant ink pads and swiped the colours onto my baby wipe.  The result is a much more muted effect.  I used a lovely stamp set I recently bought from a friend getting rid of some stash.  It's by Clearly Besotted.



My photos aren't really very good but you can see how the technique gives a mottled effect better on the bottom card.  I used the baby wipe on the background as well as the butterfly.  You can see how the baby wipe altered my colours on the top card as I used the same colours to ink my inner circles. If you've never tried this before I urge you to have a go.  My pictures aren't the best to show off the technique but it does give a lovely effect.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

9 comments:

  1. Your butterflies are beautiful, and I love all the circles. It's amazing what ink can do when combined. Have a peachy day! Sue J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your subtle background colours Dawn I don't have any reinkers either and didn't think about using in pads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Dawn, a fabulous technique.
    Sorry to hear that you have been poorly, I hope you are feeling much better now.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you didn't sit this one out, Dawn, because you did a beautiful card by thinking outside the tutorial box! Love your butterflies against the very delicate backgrounds. Love it! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well these are both great. I need to try this technique. I think I have reinkers here somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards and effect. Emmax

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever work-around the no re-inkers dilemma and a fabulous job on the baby wipe technique. Wonderful butterfly cards. Love the design of the first card.
    You should check out this month’s twofer challenge where the theme is butterfly... the challenge does end today though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two gorgeous cards Dawn, I love the butterflies and what an awesome technique, I'll have to give this a try.
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both lovely cards Dawn, a new technique to me. I’m off to check out the tutorial.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete