Tuesday 11 August 2020

Gone Fishing

 Morning all.  We have a new challenge for you over at Cardz4guyz and it is ultra suitable for any Fishing fanatics you may know.  'Gone Fishing' is the theme of our challenge.  Now I don't really know any fishermen so I don't really have much in that line in my stash.  What I did have was a spellbinders die set that my husband bought me years ago and that had never come out of it's packet.  I just didn't know what I would do with fishing flies.  Well I do now.

I cut the dies from the same pearlised card that I intended to use as a background and created a tone on tone piece. I then cut out a couple of tags I'd got in a male themed booklet and popped them on to with a brad.  I know it's wonky but the little arms poked out from the top when I tried to straighten it.  I also messed up my fishing stamp so had to do it again on paper and add it down the side.  Other than that, I'm quite pleased with the result for this challenge.  No idea who's going to get it.  It will probably go in my pile of cards for church.  

Please pop over and have a look at the lovely DT inspiration.  And whilst you are there you can join in the fun.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

5 comments:

  1. you created the perfect background for these fabulous fishing tags, love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great background you created, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card Dawn, a great idea to use die cuts to create your background - it looks like it has been embossed at first glance.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic fishing card, i like that you haven't added a main sentiment so can be used for any occasion for a fishing fan. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the embossed background on this and this makes for a great masculine card!

    ReplyDelete