Monday 31 August 2020

Criss Cross

 Morning all.  Are you ready for a new Make My Monday Challenge? And this one was a challenge.  Have you ever made a 'Criss Cross' card?  No? Me neither.  There is a handy Tutorial over on Splitcoast Stampers. It's fairly easy once you get your basic shape.  The only thing that foxed me was having to cut two panels of paper to get my pattern to face the right way.  I have several triangles on my craft desk as testament to the fact that I couldn't get my head around it. I'd used some of my expensive papers too so I need to create something else with those offcuts.  I'd decided to go a bit tropical again - well, I'd bought that flamingo stamp set by My Favourite Things so I needed to get some mileage out of it. What do you think.





I couldn't resist doing a little stencilling behind my flamingo and I used an ancient stamp set for the tropical flowers. A little bling finished it off nicely and I'm quite pleased with the result.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how you all interpret this challenge. Please pop over and have a go.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x


10 comments:

  1. A gorgeous tropical card Dawn, a beautiful reminder of summer, your papers look fantasticand the design is seamless, love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Dawn, lovely papers and fabulous design - I like the tropical theme.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This came together beautifully! Not sure I have ever made one either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous, colorful card Dawn, I love the papers you used and that awesome fold!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, Dawn! I have a triangle or two on my craft table as well. Then I followed her instructions! teehee Your flamingo is cute and those tropical flowers are great! Have a wonderful week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, love the paper you used....i look forward to seeing how you use all those spare triangles now too. Emmax

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an eye-catching, wonderfully charming card. There's just something so cheerful about flamingos - they never cease to make me smile.

    Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well...I simply can't believe that you would ever create a "tropical" card ever again!!! ; ) However - this one is indeed just as wonderful as your prior effort! tee hee! I love this criss cross layout and I've put it into my "Sketches" folder! Have a great weekend!
    Hugs - Rachelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great design! I love the mix of papers.

    Cheryl
    Visit my blog - She Stamps

    ReplyDelete