Thursday 13 August 2020

Monochrome madness

 Morning all.  Cardz4galz has a monochrome theme for today's new challenge.  Now I don't know about you but I always tend to think male cards for monochrome.  Don't know why, it's just the weird way my mind works.  As a result I half created this card and let is sit for a while. I stencilled my background with London Fog ink, just because it was on my desk and I cut two layers from an old spellbinders label set.  One in white and one in grey.  And there it sat - and continued to sit.  You nearly got it as it was. I thought about just stamping a sentiment but it seemed like a bit of a cop out.  Anyway, whilst digging through my pile of pre-printed digi stamps I came across a three layer stamp from Tiddlyinks (no longer available). It isn't a typical Tiddlyinks image and I'd forgotten all about it.

Anyway, I gave it a dusting of the same ink that I used for my background and cut them out and shaped them.  I added a sparkly gemstone brad to make it really girly and uploaded it quick before I changed my mind.

As I obviously need persuading that monochrome is for the girls, I need to see you entries for inspiration. Come on, I'm desperate.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

5 comments:

  1. Your floral focal image is beautiful against the background a beautiful card Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the shades of green :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card Dawn, a super monochrome design - such a pretty flower.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Dawn, I love the stenciled background and that fabulous flower image!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete