Tuesday 25 August 2020

Take a Hike

 Morning all.  Are you ready for a new Cardz4guyz Challenge.  This time we are looking for your 'outdoor' cards - any outdoor pursuit would do. I'm not really an outdoorsy person, unless you count sitting by the pond reading a book. I suppose I could have chosen cricket as a theme again.  I do also like a good walk.  Maybe I am more outdoorsy than I thought.


I had a freebie stamp set from a magazine not so long ago and this pair of hiking boots was perfect for this theme.  The little footprints came from the same set.  It had to be done.  I used a piece of foam tape to raise the little footprint panel.  It's all one piece of green, I just scored where my tape was and made a little raised bit.  I added my circle dies - strategically placed over an ink splodge - but it needed something to finish it off. Gems didn't really fit the bill.  Bring on the little tin of bits.  Come on, admit it, we've all got one.  A little tin or box filled with little embellishments that we bought in the last millennium and could figure out what to do with.  It's been in the cupboard for ages and only comes out when you purchase more embellishments that you can't think what to do with.  I've had these little trees forever (they came with little tents, little bears, little moose etc - which remain in the tin if anyone has any idea what to do with them). I knew they would come in handy one day.  I may have to make another card like this just because I have more trees!

Ok, head indoors to your craft space and give us your outdoor projects please.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

7 comments:

  1. Great card, love the colouring of your image. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super card Dawn, a great image and beautifully coloured, I love the little footprints.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got back from my one hour walk and I love your card. I love those shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Dawn,these boots look really comfy,yes I have lots of bits I've had forever,love the way you used yours

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card Dawn, I love the boots and cute little footprints, beautiful coloring too!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great masculine card, I love those boots!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic outdoor card. Emma

    ReplyDelete