Monday 3 August 2020

Simply Does It

Morning all.  We have a new challenge for you over at Make My Monday.  Don't worry, we've picked a nice simple one for you this time.  We would like to see your 'Clean and Simple' projects please. I can do clean and simple but I tend to do it by accident. So, let's have a think about it and try to do one on purpose.  Firstly, chose a stamp.  Maybe choose the lovely stamp that 'accidently' fell into my shopping cart when I was shopping for my tropical nightmare Island Fun card.  It's only a ickle stamp and it wasn't many pennies - honestly.  I just couldn't resist this tiny Toucan.


I stamped him and coloured him, along with some of the flowers in set.  I left him flat (apart from his wing) but popped the flowers up on some silicone glue.  It looked a bit lost on a blank card so I stencilled a pattern in Momento London Fog ink and layered them up. I added the obligatory bling and there you go.  Now why didn't I think to enter this for the Tropical card!  Oh well, never mind.

Please pop over and join the fun.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x



12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Dawn great say background and layout

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card Dawn, a super Toucan and pretty flowers.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn, your toucan is wonderful! Love how you popped up the wing. The stenciled background was a great way to make him the focal point. I don't think to do things like that! Designer paper is always what I reach for. I hope you are well and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stenciled background is fabulous, but your card is still clean. Great job! This bird is adorable with the eyelashes. So perfectly fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little toucan is so cute Dawn and I love the stenciled background, beautiful card!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a cute little toucan. He needs to "hop" into my cart :). Hee Hee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great make hun, love his wing, fab idea!

    Stay safe
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dawn! This is so cute!!! I love that little toucan! I don't think I will ever stop apologizing the the tropical nightmare challenge theme! Sorry! : ( - Rachelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw this is adorable, I can understand how this cutey fell into your shopping basket! Great card too, I love the stencil border, just perfect. Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. CAS can be very challenging, especially if you are used to making fully loaded and layered designs. Your stamp is super cute and card is lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun card, love the toucan. Emmax

    ReplyDelete