Monday 17 August 2020

Just Beachy

 Morning all.  We have a summery new challenge over at Make My Monday.  We would like to see your projects 'on the beach'.  I would love to spend some time on the beach but this year is proving to be a challenge for everyone and I'd rather be safe at home for the moment.  Instead I have created a little beachy card in my not so sandy craft room.  

I have surprisingly little in the way of beach themed stash but I did find a piece of backing paper in my scraps that had all sorts of beachy bits on it. Right in the middle was a lovely big sandcastle that was just ideal.  


I fussy cut the image for a perfect focal point.  Once again (you will be sick of my stencils) I used a sandy ink through a shell shaped stencil and layered it with the rest of the backing paper.  I plonked my image in the middle and added my 'sunshine' die cut. At least this sandcastle should be safe from my son.  I spent many a happy hour when he was a toddler building sandcastles for him to destroy.

Please pop over and join in the fun.

Thanks for reading.

Love Dawn x

8 comments:

  1. loved your story of your son destroying the sandcastles you built your card is a lovely reminder of days spent on the beach

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card Dawn, your sandcastel looks a bit more elaborate than the ones we built with our children! Great papers and your stencil is perfect.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love your use of stencils.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun beach card, Dawn! Love the stenciled background (keep 'em coming)! Oh, the HOURS my husband and kids would spend on the beach making sand castles. Lots of wonderful memories! Have a great week, my friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Dawn, I love that sandcastle and the fabulous stencil you used, beautiful layout too!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and design, love the sandcastle. Im staying well away from our Cornish beaches for quite a while. Emmax

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who could ever tire of looking at stencils? Not me. I have them but don't use them enough. I need to dig them out! :). I want to go to the beach too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card Dawn! I would love to be beside the sea just now - maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete